In a July 4th article, author Jenna Luche-Thayer describes how the CDC’s profile has plummeted while 15 other government authorities are acting on persistent and disabling Lyme Disease. She questions the motives of the CDC and the view they project concerning chronic Borreliosis.
This is a must read for anyone who doesn’t fully understand why the CDC isn’t treating this (persistent Lyme infection) as the epidemic it is.
Read the full story here: CDC’s Profile Plummets…………..
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, District of Columbia 20500
The Mayday Project is sponsoring a protest in front of The White House. We are calling on all Lyme Victims to join us and appeal to President Donald Trump to call for an immediate Congressional Hearing of the CDC in regards to their handling of Lyme Disease. For too long the CDC has given preferential treatment to the IDSA, following their antiquated, falsified guidelines for Lyme Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
RE Dr. Richard Horowitz Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/drrichardhorowitz/posts/1310422102379918
*According to a public post on Facebook by Dr. Horowitz, in response to the PressReader article here http://www.pressreader.com/usa/arkansas-democrat-gazette/20170326/285568085111026, he noted several inaccuracies he was unable to ignore.
As Dr. Horowitz stated in his post, “…..Although I do not usually report articles on the internet that have inaccurate information (there are many), here is a report from Pressreader about Lyme and co-infections in Arkansas that deserves a detailed response.”
In his posting, Dr. Horowitz pointed out five major inaccuracies in the article. The following are direct quotes from Dr. Horowitz’ Facebook posting:
- “Lyme is a clinical diagnosis, and I suspect there is a lot more Lyme in Arkansas than reported. Only 25% (or less) of patients get EM rashes, and in one prior NIH double-blind study (Dr Brian Fallon), only 1% of patients with neurological Lyme had positive two tiered testing but were still ill, and many responded to treatment with antibiotics. “
- “Secondly, certain species of borrelia, like borrelia miyamotoi, can be transmitted transovarially (from the mother to the eggs), and in NYS, 10-20% of the ticks contain B. miyamotoi, causing a Lyme-like illness.”
- “Third inaccuracy: birds do transmit multiple species of borrelia and other co-infections (including Bartonella) to ticks, explaining in part the spread of these illnesses worldwide. There are many scientific articles proving this.”
- “Fourth, RMSF can be devoid of a rash in 40% of patients (and 60% of the time, it is on the hands and feet), and can be associated with low white cell counts (leucopenia), low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia), and elevated liver functions (transaminitis) which helps a clinician to make the diagnosis.”
- “Finally, STARI has been determined to be due to a borrelia sensu lato species (Dr Kerry Clark discovered that years ago) and there are individuals who have severe manifestations of STARI, including death from Lyme carditis. So you DO treat STARI, as you would treat Lyme, and do not assume it is necessarily a more benign form of borreliosis.”
Dr. Horowitz’ reputation and experience with tick borne illnesses appears to exceed basic knowledge. He has been treating Lyme and tick borne diseases for 28 years.
As the moderator for the Arklatexlyme website, I must apologize for the lack of attention given to the site the past two years. Personal issues and career have interfered with the management of the site. I have been unable to respond to many messages in the last two years.
Because of this, I will be doing my best to provide links, on the site, to resources you need. We are unable to respond to every email inquiry. Most inquiries are from individuals from Arkansas who are looking for a doctor. Please sign up for the Lyme Doctor Referral on the LDA site. I’m posting the link here..
Please go to the ‘Helpful Links’ section on this site and you will find most of the referrals needed to obtain the information you need. I am unable to personally respond to everyone’s questions. It’s overwhelming.
Again, I apologize for my lack of response. Please know that I care a great deal about this cause and the problems you face. I, too, face the same issues as you.
Thank you and wishing you well in your journey to recovery.
PER: Secure the Republic [securetherepublic.com]
“High alert for all Arkansas residents! You will be horrified and appalled to find that the Arkansas Department of Health denies that our state has Lyme disease, even though we are the number one state for tick-borne diseases”.
*This article covers the scandalous truth about the Arkansas Department of Health and their reporting practices. If you ever had any doubts about the system, this article offers proof and explanation for the findings. Please read this article and comment, share, and educate yourself. We, at Arklatex Lyme, urge you leave comments on this page as well.
ARTICLE SOURCE: You need to COPY AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW INTO YOUR BROWSER TO REACH THE STORY. There was a glitch that blocked it.